History

historybanner

1901 1967 1982 1983

(December 9) Souris State Bank Opened
(Founders) M. L. Helgerson of Bottineau, G. S. Ogren of Bottineau, and S. B. Qvale of Willmar, MN.

Souris State Bank relocates to 514 Thompson Street in Bottineau. Bank changes name to State Bank of Bottineau.

(September) Bank finds new owners. Puchased by Reuben Ellingson, Kenneth Henry, Raymond Kornkven, Gerald Long, Glenn Long, Billy Siercks, Carl Skarphol and Cedric Theel.

State Bank of Bottineau continues to grow. In order accomodate growth the bank puchases adjacent building to the south for office space.

1985 1986 1999 2008

State Bank of Bottineau expands by adding The Investment Center to the main building.

Expansion continued when State Bank of Bottineau purchased an insurance agency to aid the community. Offices were built on Hwy 5. New offices were also added to the original building on Thompson Street.

The United Community Bank branch office in Bottineau was acquired, changed to State Bank of Bottineau and used to expand the branch locations in Bottineau.

Branch location in Souris was closed.